We know what you’re thinking…how many dishes can I make using jerky? Are these people at BOJ nuts? We’re actually thinking the same thing over here. Yes, we may be going a little overboard with our recipes, but we sure do make a mean meal.
This simple recipe us great to keep in mind, especially with the camping season getting into full swing. Jerky Scrambled Eggs are delicious and can easily be made over a campfire using just a few basic cooking tools. This recipe calls for our Teriyaki Smoked Beef Jerky. The spices go perfectly with eggs. You are welcome to use any jerky you like though. Have fun with it!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 eggs
- 4 ounces Teriyaki Smoked Beef Jerky
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- Skillet (we’re partial to the iron type)
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Heat up your skillet.
- Prepare your ingredients. Cut up or shred the jerky into bite-sized pieces. Chop the onion and bell pepper.
- Sauté your vegetables. While your vegetables are cooking, scramble your eggs.
- Once the peppers and onions are fully cooked (the onions should be translucent) cook your eggs.
- Just before the eggs have finished cooking, add the jerky and a handful of cheese. Add a little pepper.
- Once the cheese has melted, you’re good to go. Eat up!
Btw, these eggs are great over a slice of bread.